We’ve hit that time of year again, well in Glasgow anyway, the time of year when the cold, wind, rain and dark dreary days are the norm. Yes winter is back on our doorsteps! How can this possbile be when we haven’t even had summer yet????
As the nights draw in and the days get darker and shorter a lot of you will now turn to the gym to keep the fitness levels up over the winter months. Spin classes are always a popular choice for cyclists throughtout the winter months.
I used to attend Spin classes at my local gym when I was a member and really noticed the benefit from them come the start of the new season. One thing that I found frustrating was the toe clip pedals that were used at my gym, the same used on most spin bikes. The straps were either missing or worked their way loose while in the middle of a fast sprint section!
To combat this issue I invested in a pair of SPD cycling shoes as all the pedals on the spin bikes rotate round to become clipless. I’ve never understood why they call them clipless pedals when you’re actually clipped in. SPD pedals make a huge difference and are very popular with those attending spin classes, even those people who wouldn’t normally use them. Being on a static Spin bike there’s no chance of you falling off, well, there shouldn’t be!
At FreeFlow Bikes we currently have a special offer on XLC SPD Cycling Shoes. These shoes noramlly retail at £50.99 but for a short time we have them reduced to £29.99 in-store only!
Ideal for Spin classes, these are lightweight cycling shoes with a mesh upper to allow your feet to breathe.
- Glass fibre reinforced nylon outer sole gives an excellent combination of stiffness and compliance for club and sport riders.
- Synthetic leather upper with highly breathable nylon mesh panels and vented sole for efficient ventilation and moisture transportation.
- Triple-strap closure supports foot securely.
- SPD-SL, SPD and Look cleat compatible.
- Sole mesh venting.
- Reflective detailing on the heel help keep you more visible in low light conditions.
- Weight: 586g for a pair of size 42.
- Colour : White.
We currently have a good range of sizes left in stock. To check availability of size pop in to our shop on Pollokshaws Road or give us a call on 0141 632 2733